Friday, November 7, 2008

Austin, ghosts, goblins, and CX oh my.

It's been a while since I've put any sort of new post up. Here goes:

Austin. I went back to Austin to see some friends, do some orientation and participate in LAF Challenge. It's a cancer research fundraiser bike ride. For anyone who is on the fence about going down there, it's incredible! Well run ride with lots inspiration. Indeed, many of the volunteers are Survivors and are most grateful for everything you do.The coffee shop outside Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop.

Dell's Angels Bar at mile 30-ish.

Coffee and Beer (behind the barista) at the final SAG stop.

Also: I went to some Halloween parties in the last two weekends. This has to be my favorite Holiday! I was an "Identity Crisis" in Austin and a rocker on the real Halloween. Or as a neighbor put it, "lookin' good." I should have an entire slide show below, I hope.



Now to CX, I've raced a few cross races this year and I think the score is: 4-3 in my favor. I'm riding about where I was last year which is good considering everything. I'll try and find some pics, but I managed to flat twice which basically means you can't really go anywhere but backwards, fast when that happens. I rode around with Steve Tilford for about a lap before crashing, then rode behind the group racing for second for about 2 laps before flatting for the second time. Overall, I felt good, but my tires had some problems holding air in them.